Friday, February 18, 2011

From yesterday and today

back from being laid up Wednesday and we're doing the circus.
It was rough going but eventually I got a sale. The regional manager from Vancouver was also there as well and apparently they were there to go over strategy for finding us another office as our lease at our present location will be up before the end of the year.


*I felt OK by going in about 8:30am I figured I would be about the only one there. Sure enough there was about half our crew there, mainly because it was Friday/payday. Jay filled in for Gerry apparently doing something with the GM so we got a break from circus and did cops. I had a great morning and got bonus money for top total and my check just after I came up from getting my 2 Proline tickets for 3 games. 1 ticket to win pays out $20 the other one reversed order, same games pays out $12. I spend $4. After work I went to my bank and over to Audrey's to get my special order and shop. I got book 2 of the Stephen Hunt's Jackelian series:


I thought I had 2 Warhammer 40k books but the other one is my 1st ever steampunk read.I also ordered the 3 Omnibus volumes of David Drakes Hammer slammer series. They were still in print. The LRT ride home was better then last night, that's for sure. I was in the apartment, half expecting Anne sitting on the couch off work having a cold but she left me dinner to heat up and a night by myself.

I had an OK day for my first day on Circus but nothing on card. I called Anne on my break and after work handed in my recap and went to Corona station so I could get home and have a chat with Neil for a ride to the Lodge. But the weather made the trip so long with all the interruptions up and down the line, a 20 minute train ride took an hour! I got home at 5:45pm. Too late to set up a ride in this weather to the lodge by Neil. Wait, he's not slated to do anything anyway. So I called Nathan and he picked me up. I forgot my Apron. The whole evening was a mess because of the low turnout but we were able to form Lodge and put 2 candidates through. I screwed up my lines in the beginning but the middle was good and messed up near the end. Yeesh. Also, there are a couple other lodges that are doing something this Saturday at the Lodge downtown. I was thinking about going in and work until noon and then head up to the Freemasons Hall and sit in on their FC degree and fellowship for later. Interesting.


I got up a bit early because I couldn't sleep. Anyway, today I'm in for the full day. I'll leave out of here at 4:30pm do my banking and head for home and the long weekend. If I feel any better I might come in for Saturday morning. We'll see. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment