Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I took an unshedualed sick day off work

Last night this virus had gotten so bad, every time I lied down to go to bed, I kept hacking and coughing.

So this went on all night and my voice got so bad, Anne suggested I take the day off so I could rest my voice and try and shake off this virus/cold. I called in and left a message on the machine at work took my insulin and went to bed. That didn’t work so I rested on the couch a few hours and took another flem removal type pill or whatever it was Anne had picked up for me. Much to my surprise I was able to sleep so I slept until about 1pm this afternoon and I feel a lot better.

Anne made me some lunch as she was watching “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” It makes her laugh. I don‘t mind it. If I had a chance to watch “Merlin“ or that, I‘d watch Merlin. But Anne had left about an hour ago and has all TV services locked out because she‘s recording “Doctor Oz.” Even if “Stargate Universe” was on right now, I wouldn’t know how to get at it.

On my plate this evening, I’m going to try and listen to the latest SF Signal Podcast featuring an interview with David Drake. I’ve never gotten around to read this author before. He’s got 4 books coming out this year. He’s well known for his “Hammer slammer” series. Some of his stuff you can still read on line. I think when I go into Audrey’s this week, I’ll be ordering all 3 volumes of the Hammer slammer series in in Omnibus format.

And finally, at last the Oiler’s won a game at Rexall place. This victory said No-way to a Dallas sweep of the Oiler’s this season. Talk about a decisive victory: 4-1. The Oiler’s seldom win decisive victories and especially at home but this one was sweet. Tomorrow while I’m at the Lodge, it’s the Habs in town. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment