Saturday, February 19, 2011

My first/3 days off

checking out SF signal’s site they announced that they are now have a Community. So I joined under my own name Jim Shannon. I haven’t made any contributions yet but if there’s time I will this weekend.

I got up out of bed about 1pm because I wanted to watch the Oiler/Thrasher game. Our boys were losing 2-0 but kept in the game. Right after Anne had left just as the 2nd period was about to close we scored, 2-1. They scored 3-1, Then Taylor Hall, for his 18th. Then Hall for his 19th and then Hall for his 20thand his first natural hat trick! History in the making. I’m not saying Taylor Hall is another Wayne Gretzky but he’s got the capability of being an elite player. Maybe Commissioner Gary Bettman should come out more often. Great game and I'm glad I was able to watch it and be a part of it.

Speaking of hockey, the NHL is having their Heritage Classic game this Sunday in Calgary‘s McMahon stadium. This is a bad move on the Nhl for several reasons. First there’s the trade deadline a few weeks away and the Flames are trying to make the playoffs. This is just another distraction they don’t need. Tomorrow’s outdoor game is more for the fans then it is for the player’s. The NHL should have had this game back in November.

There‘s a few good movies coming out I want to see: “Sucker punch,” “Adjustment bureau”, “Thor”, “Captain America” and Philip K dick‘s movie adaptation “UBIX not to mention “Priest.” I haven’t even seen “Tron” Legacy yet.”

Not just are there a lot of exciting movies coming up but also some games I want to get playing: I want to get a Play Station 3 so I can start playing “Little Big Planet 2” and there are a few on the PC but I need either another/new PC or an upgrade to my system.

Anne’s working tonight and it’s very cold out there. I’m glad I’m inside with the only thing I want to do for the rest of the night is read and drink some tea. And maybe listen to a few podcasts before Anne comes home.

I’m really looking at before the end of this month in getting a PS3. I can’t justify buying something like this to Anne and keeping it out in the living room because I’m not even playing anything on my Xbox but Elder Scrolls 5 is coming out in November. Plus if that’s not enough I got other Lodges I want to visit and I got that big FC part to do in April at our Lodge etc. Lots going on. This year is going to be a big year for me. Anyway, that‘s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment