Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Wednesday

This morning while making a 5am bathroom trip I heard a cat fight going on. We keep Boots separated from the other guys because of that. Mixing Boots with the other cats is like mixing fire and oil. Anne has this elastic tether head band thing she wraps around the inside doorknob and wraps around to a hook we have in the outside door jam. The door doesn’t lock very well as it is and one push from either way can open the door. Boots somehow did this and squeezed himself through. And that’s how the fight broke out. I don’t know how much it developed but I was able to scoop Boots up and place him back inside my office. I tried going back to sleep after that but I kept waking up listening for a potential cat fight, which of course kind of wrecked my sleep for the last 2 hours.

Not much on my plate for today. I’m going to try this store in City Centre Mall called Co-op City because that’s where I can pick up some cleats. They have some in the pharmacy at the office they let me try on but they wouldn’t fit my boot. The ones James has fit me ok. It’s so treacherous walking out there, especially with the freezing rain and all, when we get it. There’s a particularly nasty stretch from 106th/Jasper and the back pf First Edmonton Place building that is dangerously icy and at the lodge it gets pretty bad in some places. In my commute I know the good and bad icy parts to avoid.

Not a hole lot going on for today. Its mid week and we’re heading into a warm up spell for awhile. Lets of snow bank run off, which means more ice in the mornings. I’m making some progress in the Lodge work and I think I should have most if it down when we do the practice Sunday. I know the overall structure and the larger parts. I don’t think this upcoming work will be exactly my finest hour, but I’ll do the best I can. Tonight the Oiler’s are playing here at Rexall. There are a couple of our players up for trade talks. Anne’s working tonight I’m watching the hockey game. Well there you have it. Time for my shh and a little breakfast for my insulin and head out the door. Anyway, that’s all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment