Monday, February 28, 2011

Anne and I left out of here

about 1:30pm. I had to trudge through a snow bank up the ramp here to the bus stop. They cleared the snow away here as in this photo taken about 3:40pm

I had a bit of a wait because of the blowing snow we got here. I met my wife at the train station ahead of me. I met Anne at the platform by the stairs, missing her completely before I got her attention. So we went down to Edmonton Centre. At Shoppers drug mart I got my Pro-line ticket, getting Toronto/Anaheim game on my ticket before the 3 pm deadline. I got a bag of plain chips and Anne wanted some cookies. I had a bacon cheese burger and fries as Anne had a breakfast and I had a bacon cheeseburger/fries. Anne had to go to the West End Pet Smart to get a canopy light for our aquarium tank because they didn’t have any at the Pet Smart location down the street continue on here:

So, I went home on my own after lunch and she went the other way. I was going to get my book at Coles but I thought I could always get it at Audrey’s after work, right? I got my train at Central Station and had a long 10 minute wait five minutes away from Clairview station. There were no buses waiting there so that’s when I figured I’d walk home. The snow had stopped for a bit but the snow bank just outside here was still there. All evening even while watching the Oiler game I was bringing up flem and so was Anne causing me to lose sleep. Keeping each other awake we talked about me staying home.

I figured what with the snow storm and all and it being a Monday experience has taught me that the trains would be running slow and the platforms would be packed. Not only that but the snow bank out here would be a factor and even coming home as well. Anne would be worried about her diabetic husband, so I put it all together and figured this: I haven’t had a week off since 2004 when I was in the hospital. I’m diabetic and put it all together I made a decision to call the office answering machine and left a message that I’d be in for Tuesday. I tried to sleep earlier and I did for a few hours and I got up to watch the 2011 trade deadline countdown.

Not much was happening on that department There was a minor Oiler trade but with about 30 minutes left remaining the big almost expected announcement about Dustin Penner to LA for a big D and a first round draft pick (Shenn?) I‘m actually comfortable with this trade even though I liked Penner and he wanted to play here. He‘ll be wearing jersey #25 in LA. He has a house in LA and a car so it’s a good trade. Actually there were only about 10 trades today. But if we can finish last again and get Sean Couturier (41 goals this year) this player could be the next big thing. Add him to the Sean Hamilton/Braden Shenn mix and the Oiler‘s look really good for 2012. Moving Dustin Penner to LA only helped our cause. Ok enough of hockey.

I haven’t been outside today but I’m thinking about stepping out to see if they’ve done anything as far as clearing the snow bank outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment