Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's another Lodge night

I’ve been hearing bits and pieces of this over the last couple of days. The Canadian Radio Television Corporation (CRTC or the equivalent to the FCC in the states) has let Bell one of the largest internet service providers here in Canada has been awarded the right to utilize something called User based billing. What this means is a cap space usage for internet usage. One ISP here (I think its Rogers) has a cap space of 60Gb/month and charges $1/month for every GB over that. When your streaming a movie over Netflex for example that alone can compromise the UBB cap. Ok, a bit of an update on this. It seems that Ottawa is looking into this thing because it might be an election issue. I think the whole issue might be overturned. I don’t know how much I’m using as far as bandwidth is concerned. This is something worth checking into.

Today is a typical work day. My tooth was bothering me all day but not to the point where it became unbearable to work. I drank copious amounts of diet Cola, which helped and I used this kind of oral gel that helped out a bit as well but it really bothered me on the train home.

Tonight I’m in Lodge and finally paying my Lodge dues for 2011. Who knows, I might even get a haircut as well this afternoon. Anyway, that‘s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment