Tuesday, February 22, 2011

That was a nice long weekend

I couldn’t sleep the last 2 hours there, so I’m up now. Sorry no graphic for the post today.

Most of the time our local media (Global) is pretty good when it covers world events. But our local media at the same time occasionally doesn’t get it right either. Yesterday we had here in Alberta something called Family day, which corresponds to presidents day in the states. Local news media through out the weekend kept making reference to Family day as something that began in 1980, when in fact it began by then Premier Don Getty because his son got into a driving accident which was influenced by cocaine. He was so torn up by this that it caused him not only to call an early election (3 years then needed) but to have a day just for families. This was in 1989, not 1980 as local news media would have us believe. Lately a lot of the Global news anchor people have been coming from other Provinces and don’t do their research properly. I‘ve also noticed the quality of the coverage slipping since Global was taken over by Shaw, it‘s gone down hill lately.

Well, that was the “Family day” long weekend. I had a nice 3 day weekend. I watched a couple of Oiler victories and a game on for tonight. Should be a good one. We’re at Minneapolis tonight at 6pm then Colorado Wednesday. Today it’s a full day. I’ll be wandering into the office at about 8:30am. The morning usually goes by fast but the afternoon drags on especially the last half hour

Last night I discovered Cubase has released their 6th edition and they’ve got an incredible suite of tools and accessories in their recent application I’m seriously thinking about getting. I was going to go for FL Studio but FL is in between things. They are in beta testing 9.8, then its going to be 9.9, 9,9 A, B etc. As soon as I buy 9, 10 will come out. I’ve tried Cubase before and I liked it. Cubase 6 is a higher end suite then FL studio. It’s kind of like in the area of Pro Tools. A Kegan version of Cubase 6 isn’t available yet but by the time it is, I’ll have the funds to get a licensed edition anyway. Anyway, work today, hockey tonight and that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment