Sunday, February 6, 2011

Not much on my

plate for today. I’ve got my lodge memory work to do and I want to read more from my book. I read about 20 pages earlier.

As much as I find my job challenging at times, I’m grateful I have it. In these tough economic times, I think the more money you make you’re the first to be facing budget cuts/layoffs. My industry is more or less recession proof, even though there are a lot of people that have been laid off across the country, there are an equal ammount of people still employed. My job pays me a little above min-wage but at least my job is more or less guaranteed even though its been hurt by legislation obstacles over the years. Also, we here in Alberta are more or less carrying the rest of the country as far as the economy goes, that‘s why everybody from around the world comes here because our economy is so buoyant. Also, I have another 20 months or so until I can collect early retirement, which basically translates into a few hundred bucks/month. If that. If I take out early retirement at 60, it’s not going to be enough to cover my rent or anything.


I’m having a great time working with the demo version of FL Studio 9. I want to save up some funds and get FL Studio 9 producer edition. FL 9 9.8 (beta) is available now and they’ve got some cool features but the Beta version expires Feb. 28th. I like the new Picture tool and I came across something new called “Newtone.” It’s kind of like Melodyne but integrates with FL Studio better as I think it’s going to be in the FL studio 10. For this reason I’m a bit reluctant to buy FL 9 because I could miss the plug in and other new features in 10. The nice thing is FL has free lifetime updates, which I like. I‘ve tried other DAW hosts like Sonar, Pro tools etc but I like FL studio the best.
Tomorrow is the big Super bowl game South of the boarder. I’ve never been a fan. My wife works for a major Pizza chain here in this country and its mandatory she work for 3 hours today because Super bowl Sunday and New Years eve are their 2 busiest times in the call centre. The other great thing about Super bowl Sunday week, is the big chains like Future shop etc have been lowing their flat panel TV‘s from $1,800 in 2008 down to almost half. Our 46“ LCD TV in the living room is not 1080p. We‘ve had it now since April 2008 and have no trouble with it. So if your going to buy a big screen TV, now‘s the time to do it. Anyway, that‘s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment