Friday, April 15, 2016

I lucked out yesterday when I came into the office

and there was the lady that drives me home. Nice. It's always good getting a ride home. My shift had a few surprises. I thought when I was asked into the office, I thought I was going to be fired but instead they they put some more responsibility. Ok. 

                  

The Alberta Government yesterday laid out the budget. Its not a bad budget. I never thought I'd hear me say I don't mind the carbon tax. Anne and I will get $300 cash back at the end of the year. Also, in the budget is a $35 billion job creation program over $5 years. I like this. Jim Prentice had something similar. There's no more carbon capture program and its going to cost $250 million over 3 years to get rid of it I like the fact that the Alberta NDP is promoting pipelines. The budget contains a $250-million plan designed to create 100,000 jobs over three years. It includes: $165-million in tax credits to encourage investors to support small and medium-sized companies. $25-million for the Alberta Enterprise Corp. to spend in an effort to “spur innovation, growth and employment in areas such as clean technology.”  $25-million for apprenticeship and training programs     $35-million “to attract and support new businesses to pursue regional economic development initiatives.” 

Anne suggested I call the boss today and say I'll be in Monday to pick up my cheque. That way I wont need to get up and leave early. I can always ask if there's anything going on for next week. I'm beginning to feel a bit of anxiety because my 8:30pm job is over May 15th and I don't know if I'll be back at my market research job this Spring. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment