Sunday, April 24, 2016

Our local weather has been

Spring like with a light rain and snow mix in the evening and its been cold over the last few days. Its been about 4-9 degrees. We don't get the teaming rain like we used to around here for this time of year.

I was lucky to get my #5 bus just after the shorty (short bus) and into the job shortly before 10am. A brief kick-off and surprise Joyce showed up. It meant I get a ride home! Wu who. I actually had a decent day as well getting 4 confirms and 1 online. I'm concerned about after May 15th when this job runs out of work, because my market research job for this month has been in a state of suspended animation for this month. They've got a few projects coming up hopefully next week. What I'm hoping for is my market research job lasting until the end of June. Then after the market research job breaks for the summer I've got a lead on another possible job. A colleague I've been working with since the year 2000 is going over there but its all the way out by Direct buy. He worked there as well a year before I did. Its a long way out but I only need the job until September. Anyway, after work, Joyce drove me home under cold Edmonton skies. Heading East along 129th I noticed Rob had a bit of a crew working. I went to the blood pressure machine after Joyce dropped me off at Shoppers and I got a reading. No paper in the machine to print off a copy so I took a photo. I got home before 3pm. Anne made us a nice lunch before she headed out to her job. I had the evening to myself at last. Let the weekend begin. 


The Valley line officially got underway Friday. There's still preliminary work to be done but that's been more or less ongoing now for awhile. The Cloverdale footbridge will be closed in July. There's a small NIMBY group opposed to this but they don't matter in the scheme of things to come. My concern with these "Save our footbridge" people is that they will somehow get a 11th hour court injunction to stall this line at the last minute. These protestors are doing this more of a stunt then anything else. Anyway I'm enjoying my first coffee and my weekend, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment