Thursday, April 7, 2016

Not much going on in my life

at the moment. Its just been work and eat sleep and repeat. The job has been coming along ok, no surprises there. I have yet to hear from my 1st job but I'll be calling then this afternoon before I leave, just to find out what's going on. I hope I have work with them Saturday but I have a suspicion, the new project will start Monday.

Last night was the last Oiler game held at Rexall place. The Oilers entertained the Vancouver Canucks. Rexall place originally was called the Northlands Coliseum, which opened November 10th 1974. I watched an Oiler game my first couple of months when I came to Edmonton. I don't remember much of the game though but the Oilers were not in the NHL at the time. I'd see my first NHL Oiler game in 1982. New York Rangers/Edmonton Oilers. I still have the original ticket stub somewhere. I paid $15 for my seat. I remember watching the Oilers 1st Stanley Cup win win. I was living here at the time 9644 155th street with the tree  in the middle of the yard. I had a small basement bedroom, near the back left side of the house as my room was barely enough room for a bed and a table. I was 31 years old at the time. I'd see my next 4 Oiler Stanley Cups here at 9710 156th street. My suite was the top floor in the centre. I watched and enjoyed every one of them. And now, last night's Canucks 2 Oilers 6 Victory in front of the fans and Oiler alumni. I didn't see this game, sadly. I was at work. The Oilers play their finale game of the 2015-16 season in Vancouver. I'm sure the Oilers will lose that one. At least McDavid got his 16th and Hall his 26th. The Oilers might not win another Stanley cup but they might get into the playoffs. Its kind of sad really to know the Oilers will never play again in Rexall place. To many, including myself Rexall will always be known as the Colisem.

Today I'm calling the first job to see if I got work this weekend. I'm hoping I'll start Monday. At the same time, I'll be losing ei hours and I'll need everyone I can get. If I didn't have my 2nd job and work for the new project commonsense Monday, I would have lost 24 ei hours if it wasn't for my 2nd job. I lose 1.5 ei hours today and Friday and 3.5 ei hours Saturday. Or 6.5 ei hours for the week. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment