Thursday, April 14, 2016

Still working out the

week. I've been at my 8:30pm job but tonight my ride won't be in so I'll be taking transit home and back about 9:30pm. Its not a big deal. What has me concerned is work slowdown at my market research job. I've got to hustle tomorrow at this time to be there before 2:20pm to pick up my $60 cheque, because the boss is leaving out of there at 3pm. If I can get work from my market research job until the end of May, I'll have enough hours for a minimum ei claim to get us over the summer. The job I'm currently on ends May 15th but picks up again mid September. By that time, my oas application is being processed for next year.

At last our Valley line lrt will begin to break ground April 22nd. Finally. There's still a lot of preliminary work to do like soil samples, allocating power and sewer lines (which contractors have been doing that for awhile now) P3 still needs to go over some initial design wrenches such as grade separation etc. For the most part its ready to go. From conception to build, which began about 2007, we're finally here. Wow, ten years later. The first phase will run from Mill Woods mall to City Centre. Its a 4 year project in partnership with Trans Ed. There's a lot of concrete to pour on this one. The best part about this line is it will be low floor. This time the City of Edmonton wants to keep the signalling simple. There wont be the same kinds of issues as facing our poorly designed Metro lrt. Now that Valley is more or less set, the city is trying to find out where to go after this once Metro is sorted out. The next logical expansion in my opinion should be Saint Albert. Saint Albert is an extension of Metro anyway but it won't be low floor. I'm not expecting to see Saint Albert lrt extension in my lifetime. 

Anyway, NHL playoff hockey is just underway. I'm watching game highlights on the news. I'm sympathetic to Anaheim because Shaun Horcoff (ex Oiler) is on that team. I'd like to see him hoist the cup this year. There are no Canadian teams as mentioned previously but there are a lot of Canadian and ex Oiler players on other rosters in the playoffs. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment