Friday, April 22, 2016

In memory and to honor one of the most

important figures in American music history, Prince. My post today is dedicated to the Genius that was Prince. While I've never been a hard core fan,his music resonated with me throughout his career. I learned about his passing through the Connect 2 Edmonton message board. The first time I heard Prince was "Little red Corvette." Right away I was captivated by this artist. I knew there was something special here but I didn't know what. When I heard "When Doves cry" boom! That was magic. I enjoyed "Thieves in the Temple" and many more. I last watched Prince perform live at the Superbowl half time show IN 2007 and loved it. Prince is right up there with David Bowie and others. There won't be another like Prince. I can't believe this, David Bowie and now Prince, in the same year. My heart is broken. 

                     

Today The City of Edmonton will be having a ground breaking event for the upcoming Valley line lrt. This is the biggest project in the city at $1.8B. The Cloverdale footbridge is expected to be removed soon and work on the Valley line will soon be underway.   

After Joyce dropped me off out here I went into the new Shoppers Drug Mart (sdm) I wanted to go in and have my blood pressure checked out they have these all in one chairs, touch screens and blood pressure pumps. I just stick my left arm in hit the start button and up pops a graphic. I was at 145/84 right in the middle. Apparently this machine is supposed to generate out a printout without the "smart card" insert. Its a free card but the pharmacist was busy and I wanted to get home. I don't mind doing this once a week, say on a Saturday after work. Its a free and convenient service. The sdm across the street is open until midnight.  

I'm having a great week here what with going in for 4 hours and getting home most nights at 9pm. Until I get full pension, I'll be working as much as possible. Then on cpp and oas it'll be 4 days and on cpp, oas. gis, 3 days/week. What with losing David Bowie and now Prince, its been a tough week. RIP Prince, you will be missed. Sigh, anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment