Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Yesterday was a typical

Monday heading into work under overcast skies but less wind. We've been getting a bit of light rain over the weekend. We get a few episodes of this every time this time of year. Reminds me of April 25th 1980. There was a change of #5 bus drivers by Audrey's, which slowed thing down. The bus was loaded until my stop at the job and I barely got in the office by 4pm.

Every time when one of us gets a "sale" we put our first name on a piece of company logo paper, drop it into this clear plastic box. The boss mixes them all up and pulls them out like a lottery. I seldom win. Drum roll.....the pick. "Jim" I won a $25 Canadian tire gift card. Nice. That was ok but when the first half rolled around and ended, I got nothing to put on my tally sheet. Not one sale and or 1 online. Work went by slow as we're closing out the last few weeks of the campaign. No "sales". With my new found luck I thought, lets go to the store at break. My intention was to get a 6/49 lottery ticket. I had a set group of numbers. The prize for Wednesday was $17M. Remember that number. In comes one of my coworkers. Dave has been pretty lucky with playing the scratch and win black jack cards. He's been winning a few dollars here and there. The cards are $2 each. He bought 2. 


I bought 1. Inside the office I'm plying round #1 on the card. Nothing. Round 2, on the left I had 17, 17, 17, 17. I won $25. Remember that 17? I went next door to cash in on my winnings and got a big wu-who! from the machine. The lotto 6/49 draw for Wednesday is $17M! 17 was my lucky number for the day. Back to work, I ended up for the first time ever on this campaign with nothing on my tally sheet. Joyce drove Dave and I home and dropped me off at my place first. Quite the day.

I have better luck playing scratch and wins more then I do playing 6/49 or Proline. I probably should have picked up a few more black jack cards but I can do that later today and take a photo of the card. I'll update this post latter tonight with the image. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment