Sunday, April 3, 2016

I had trouble sleeping about

9am to about 1:30am  but finally got a few hours in after that and I feel ok. Actually I got up just before 1pm, :) 

People are still talking about last nights horrible Flames Oiler game at Rexall place on HNIC. Not even McDavid could do anything about the 5-0 loss at the hands of the Calgary Flames. The officiating was atrocious. First clue at the end of a game of an Oiler loss. But there were some real obvious calls against the Oilers that even had Hockey night in Canada colour commentators shaking their heads. Oilers had 1 power play against the 7 straight for Calgary. I'm on the "Connect 2 Edmonton" Edmonton Oilers thread as Envaneo. Here's my response to last nights game, post #2528: "Interesting how Kelly Hrudey last night said something like, "If the Oilers play their last game here with Oiler alumni in town, that will totally destroy the evening." Remember, McLellan said we'd see a "lot of the old Oilers back." Despite what others think Oiler players have pride, they ran into a hot goal tender, lousy officiating and were under a lot of pressure this being their last "Battle of Alberta" on HNIC at Rexall. That in itself was a recipe for disaster. I'm willing to cut the guys some slack. Relax everyone, Wednesdays game with Vancouver will make up for last nights loss." And I still feel that way but at some point during the off season, the Oilers need to figure this thing out. Or Rogers Place arena along with this recession could see a near empty arena within McDavid's Tenure as a Oiler. Granted with McDavid's injury, that in itself took a lot of wind out of the Oiler's mementum. For off season movement everybody Except McDavid is on the table. Will the Oilers make any changes this summer? Maybe a few: Yakapov, RNH maybe. The Oilers need a Carry Price type goaltender and reduce their cap space. If we get the first round lottery, trade him. Anyway, there are just 2 games left in the season, thank God. 

Switching gears here, I'm happy with the changes I made in my computer system last night. I went from running at less then 1% free space to 50% free space. I'm not downloading anything on this machine. I'm keeping it until I go on full pension. I might upgrade the hard drive, that sort of thing.

In a couple of hours, I'm settling into watch Wrestlemania 32. Here's my take on the results of the top 3 matches. First of all, Dean Ambrose/Brock Lesnar. Lesnar wins but at great cost. Following on Monday night Raw, he will "announce his retirement," leaving the show (probably out to make a movie. Roman Reigns/Triple H. Reigns will turn heal to beat triple H because Triple H for the championship. Shane O-Mack/Undertaker. Shane is going to get so beaten up that Stephanie (Shane's sister) comes out to through her support behind Shane to stop the match. Its not enough to have Shane gain control until Monday night when out comes Linda McMahon to through her support for Shane gaining complete control. We shall see. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment