Saturday, February 11, 2017

My first official Saturday morning

sleep in while employed. Now that I'm moving into pension, and if it makes sense, I'll be taking most Saturdays off. I'm also off next long weekend. Once my wife's hours are restored then I'll have more time off and I'll work more when she goes through slow times like this. More about this later. 

Yesterday, Anne had picked up her digital photo frame from Staples. I did an un boxing of this, which gets uploaded today on Shannon sounds. My channel is still a work in progress. What the photo frame will do is free up a lot of iCloud video and photos onto a 16 Gb usb flash drive. I had the flash drive formatted to fat32 for awhile now. Anne's (ours) iPad has about 8Gb of cat video, every day video and I have 5 Gb of that in the cloud. I'm trying to transfer those photos/video to the usb flash drive, which will free up space in the iCloud. However with over 200 files in iCloud and just Mb of space on my pc stick, I can't transfer the iCloud files onto the desktop. They need to be transferred into the flash drive one at a time. I'm thinking about speeding this process up by going to the laptop because I have more space available on that for this task. There is a select all mouse right click, but iCloud only lets you select one file at a time, regardless of what it says. The good news is that once all this video and photos are off iCloud, I can add more from our iPad freeing up 8 Gb of these pictures and video's. Its a labour intensive process. Once I have all that off the iPad the iPad almost becomes like a new iPad for my music apps and video editing. The build quality of the photo frame isn't bad. Yet for $100 cnd, for something that feels like it was made in China, could have been better. What I'd ultimately like to do is get a Chrome cast and put all the video etc onto that so we can watch this stuff from our TV. We're up against another situation here as well, because our old Sanyo 46 inch flat screen, video died on us about a year ago, and this "Elements" tv doesn't look like it has a usb or even a hdmi slot. The other thing with the video is I have to compress most of it and then convert the unrecognized .MOV to a file format the photo frame can recognize. There's nothing in the manual or even set up that says which video file formats are recognized. More on this later.

The only fall out to having this Saturday off is I can't go to Drayton Valley lodge's "Crazy tie night." The guys are traveling there now and I cold have got a ride but Anne doesn't want me in a car out there on those winter country roads. I can see her point. It looks like a fun afternoon but this will be an all day event, and I have a Oilers game I want to watch tonight and tomorrow is Smackdown Live's "Elimination chamber" pay per view. Too much going on too little time.   

Ok, so here I am happy I have a weekend off for a change and Anne comes in at her usual time. She drops a bombshell saying that she's down to just one day this week before Family day long weekend. She's hoping that her hours get reinstated next week. She also has enough banked vacation pay hours. She's pretty much top of the food chain where she works. Its just the manager, "HR" and her. All the rest don't have as much seniority as she does. I won't say the name of the company. Its a good company. I get the impression they want her out of there because she's been there for over 10 years now. I get the feeling they want her to quit so they don't have to pay her severance pay. I'm encouraging her to get another non talking job and still keep this one. She doesn't want to do another talking job but there's not a lot out there for her to do. That's where my job and pension comes in. It can lessen the  load during times like this. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment