Sunday, February 26, 2017

Recapping yesterday

Recapping yesterday my morning commute was easy despite the rare panhandler hitting on me by the Orbit store Central station by the stairwell. It was cold but not that bad. I boarded the #5 bus and I was in the office about 9:45am. My day was slow. My two coworkers on either side of me did way better then I did. More on the day later on.

I'm not sure if this was Garth Brooks last show here in Edmonton on this tour but I thought that was a nice gesture by Oilers brass to give Garth Brooks his own banner. I'm not sure if its going to be among the greats like Gretzky, Messier or Rod Phillips but it was a nice gesture. I like Garth Brooks. I'm not a country music fan but that was a nice gesture.

I got a chuckle over the falling ice story that crashed into an old couples home in Calgary. A West Jet Boeing 737 has a flight path over this couple's home. The aircraft's lavatory water was discharged and it froze on its decent and crashed through the roof of the couple's home as they were watching a hockey game. Calgary fire department firstly reported the incident as an explosion. The ice crashed through the ceiling through the living room floor and into the basement. I wouldn't have laughed if the couple got killed and that could have happened. The couple even smiled over this incident as well. West jet said they would pay for the damage to the house. You can read more about the story here

My Oilers/Preds game is on at 3pm. I don't usually watch the 1st period. Nothing much happens, then about 5pm Anne is going to make us our brunch as the game should be about over by then. After that she's going to watch the Oscars. I have a lodge practice tonight but its my only day off even though we have our DDGM and his entourage, I still have speaking parts. This is my last year for a chair. I'd just rather be on the sidelines for a year or two. Next year: Royal Arch. This March 21st I'll be coming up for my 15th year as a Mason, wow. This week I'm back to my Southside job, which is a bit easier on me. Then Lodge Thursday and my market research job Friday/Saturday. I headed out to the bathroom about 5:15 (still at work) or so and on my way back to my station, I could see the "blizzard" and snow collecting on the street. Yikes. My commute home would be interesting. I had to opt out with Stan for our "burger date," as I was full from lunch Anne made for me earlier. Next weekend. I got home by 7pm and played around with Blocks wave and relaxed all evening. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment