Thursday, February 16, 2017

I got a email from the other job

Tuesday night and they want me back for the 21st after the Family day long weekend. So next week its 3 days at the South side job and 2 days at my West end job. Then after that its 3 and 3 respectively. With the other job set up it means I have income guaranteed for March, April and May. Whatever work they have at my other job after that is gravy.

While I can't get specific about a project I'm working on one of the questions has to do with autonomous vehicles or driverless cars. Most respondents don't like them and hope that the Alberta Government wont let them on Alberta roads anytime soon. One respondent had a interesting take on autonomous vehicles for example the Google car.

Image result for autonomous cars cartoon

The respondent "R" basically said that autonomous vehicles would cut down on distracted driving, speeding, and fatalities. This got me to thinking especially with all the near misses I've had out here lately that much of what I've been going through taking my life in my hands would not occur if autonomous vehicles would be allowed on Alberta roads. Yet, how would these vehicles handle Alberta winters? The plot thickens.

So I'm in the office today 1-9 and same for Friday. Friday works good on several fronts: Its the eve of a long weekend what with Family day coming up. Plus I get a nice pay cheque. In other words I won't mind working 2 full days. Actually the entire office is closed for the weekend. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment