Wednesday, February 22, 2017

My cold is fighting a losing battle

its line of defence is crumbling. I smell a route about to happen at any minute and I'm taking no prisoners.

My commute into the office at my South side job, and absent without leave were the usual plethora of students. Its a bottle neck just to get into the escalator hub at Southgate to the overhead ramp. It was a mix of cloud, fog and sunny breaks hinting at an unstable weather trend waiting for my #52 bus. I got into the office at my usual spot and the super came in, then the manager. Only a handful were invited to come in. The official launch of the project goes. We had a meeting/orientation that took aver an hour and a half. We didn't get on the phones until about 6pm. One of my colleagues kept me updated over the Oilers/Tampa game. It was 2-0. I knew it wasn't Talbot in net. This wasn't all on Brossoit. Our D was atrocious. At least we don't have a pie eating roly poly goalie. I wouldn't have bet on Brossoit doing our defence any favours. We should have had that game. Winning that game might have been a pie in the sky exercise. Ok, I'll stop now. At least this household isn't in Sweden. Oops. I couldn't resist. Oh and the Oilers dropped another one.

It was nice getting a ride home and inside before 9pm. So, I get a melatonin before bed, listen to a bit of Coast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment