Wednesday, February 8, 2017

When I heard last night of the

passing of Richard Hatch of Battlestar Galactica fame, my heart sank. Oh shit! Galactica 1980 was one of the main reasons why I would venture over to Ellen's place at the time. I recall many winter nights in January where I'd walk all the way from behind Peoples church to the Woodstock area of Collingwood "After dinner." They never would have me over for dinner. Yet Ellen, her mom and I would have a nice hour watching Battlestar Galactica. Or Galactica 1980. Occasionally Ellen and would slip away for some privacy after the show. Those days would about to come to an end when another Richard appeared on the scene. That winter 1980, we're good times and Battlestar Galactica would play a role in my life back then. I didn't like the remake. So when I heard yesterday about Richard Hatch, a name buried deep in my memory surfaced again and brought back those memories of 1980. 1980 was a crazy year on so many different ways for me. My daily diary was conceived May 12th of that year. I still have the hard copy of that diary and many more volumes of those years in the 1980's and 90's and even into the 2000's. In 2005 those diaries gave birth to this blog.

With so much electrical tuff plugged in, we overloaded the breakers. That brief power outage is causing my relatively new monitor some grief. I wanted a monitor with a built in web cam and usb ports but it would have raised the price significantly. I was really looking for a 18 inch monitor, but they're not made anymore. Apparently. 

Other then Richard Hatch's passing not much else is happening. We're still in a cold snap but its warming up by the weekend. My noon-8pm shift is still going strong. I'm curious as to what that shift will be like next week. Today I've got to call the other job asking if I'm able to call back and if there was a invite letter sent out to me for March like last year. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment