Friday, September 30, 2011

Even though it's Friday, I still

have 3 more days ahead of me.

Yesterday was ok, except now we have to read the script word per word, which for the last 11 years for me, was unheard of. I felt the phone room was really now regulated to a boiler room but later on as I got into it I felt a bit more comfortable reading the script word/word. The only problem with this is that there is no "flow." Also the boss was showing off a blueprint of the new office, we're going to move into next month. For me it's the end of an era. I spent 6 years in that office and have seen a lot of people come and go. Our first year in the Baker Centre that Spring Summer the Oilers made it to the Stanley cup finale. Pledges died while I was in that office. I'm on my 2nd computer now from within that office. I saw an Oiler game, a CFL game out of there. Lots of history.

The new office, doesn't sit well with me but it's probably to early to tell. The lunchroom from the blueprint looks about the same size as our current one. We can't eat at our dialler's in the new place. So from 4:30pm-5pm the lunch room will be full in the middle of winter. So, I  might want to sit close to the lunch room that way I can pause my dialler a few minutes before break to pop something in the microwave. The thing is, though the business room will be gone by 4:30pm and there will just the 12:30-4:30pm people there. That's usually about 20 of us but most people will be out having a smoke more then anything. Lots of changes coming. None that I'm really looking forward to.

So this Saturday I learn that our district is having it's business meeting and the WM has asked the senior officers to be there I'm not a SO yet but hope to be by January. They guys are meeting for breakfast before the district meeting. I'm unable to attend because I'll be working.

Ok, here we go again. Another Oiler owner, giving the City another deadline. I'm sick and tired of these Oiler deadlines. If the owner of the team (Katz) feels he needs to move the team, then good riddance! I'm sick and tired of having the Oiler's always being held hostage by these owners. If I'm going to watch NHL hockey, I'd rather support the Canucks from my home town before I'd support the Flames. We still have the Esks and the Oil Kings if the Oiler's move, I could care less now. At least with the Oil Kings, I can afford to go to the games. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment