Thursday, September 8, 2011

It was nice and warm out there

out there when I left for work this morning. I had a bit of a wait for the train so I figured I may as well get a Proline ticket but there wasn’t a pen to fill in my ticket with and the train came along anyway. I got into the office ok and heard that the boss was going to begin a morning shift just for the guys going to the game. I had no way of getting to this bar where the bus would be leaving. I couldn’t get a ride. I don’t want to getup at 7am and I had no way of getting to the bar, so I figured I’d opt out. Besides I need the hours so I decided not to go. I want to work all day tomorrow and the 6 hours Saturday and even Sunday because I want to go to Lodge for next Saturday. This means I’ll be putting in some hours.

I had time to run downstairs to go get a Proline ticket from the pharmacy and I met B who was about to fill out a form so he handed me his picks, which he hadn’t completed so I used his picks to pay for a $5 ticket. Odds were 39.40. Total to me if all 4 paid correct would be $197. The only pick of his I didn’t like was the Riders to beat the Bombers. No way oh and Hamilton to beat Montreal at home. Later at break I bought a bag of cheese pleasers and a $3 ticket with my adjustment My $3 for the odds of 22.23 would net me $66.69. I’ve got on this ticket, Calgary/Edmonton, Calgary to win, Argo/BC, BC to win, Hamilton/Montreal, Montreal to win and lastly, Riders/Winnipeg, Bombers to win.


I had a good night and got a $5 bonus. Every bit helps. I forgot to check to see if Proline was going to have any of the Oiler games on or to see if there‘s an Oiler training camp game this weekend. I think the Oiler‘s play Vancouver. Starting goal tender Nikolai Khabibulin, then the Oiler‘s will lose for sure and that means I can make some money. I might go an Over/Under for that.


I’m glad I’m not going because I need the hours and I want to go to the Lodge next Saturday anyway. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment