Friday, September 16, 2011

Before my back operation took me

out of high school late 1967-late 1968 I built a couple of things in "Shop" as we called it. I remember building this chair. I was really proud of it. I used a wood lathe to fashion it and used nails and wood glue and vices. After it was done I stained it. It was a professional piece of furniture and could have been sold in a store if it was a brand name. I then later or before, I can't recall which in metal shop (Winslow?) I built a fireplace set stand and all. My parents used it on our fireplace on Regan ave. I don't know what became of the chair or the fireplace set. I think the fireplace set had 4 pieces to it: A poker, a shovel and a couple of other pieces as well. I painted it mat black. I only thought about the chair today. For some reason the memory only came through today after maybe decades. I'd say both pieces were done in Winslow, 1967. 

No comments:

Post a Comment