Thursday, September 15, 2011

I had a decent day yesterday

and I think this week I’ve got 2 $5 bonuses for next week. The “bonus structure of the week” is for every $50 cc sale, you get $5 as long as you have $200 total. I lucked out on one Tuesday. How long this will last, remains to be seen, management is always tampering with the “bonus structure.” My Proline odds were published in the paper yesterday, so I’m making my picks today. One ticket all V (visitors) will be over $300 if it wins. I’m buying one more ticket with Edmonton to win as (V) and the rest H to win is over $110 each for $5, not bad.

While I’m kind of a console gamer (at least I’m a sympathetic gamer) I don’t get much time to play as I’d like. I‘ve had since 2008 the Xbox 360 and I haven’t played it much over the last several years. Some of the guys at work are playing the new NHL 2012 game and there is the new Gears of War 3 collectors console that looks really cool. Best buy has it, which includes 2 controllers but the price is almost $400! I‘m not a big fan of the “Gears of War” franchise that’s only because I haven’t had time to play any console games. I’ve got a few things I’d like to unload at kijiji: My old keyboard and the old Xbox I have. I’d let the whole set go for $150. Or sell them each independently. $100 bucks for the Xbox $50 for the keyboard towards a new console and start fresh.

Switching gears here, Nasa yesterday went and released their new rocket ship design called the SLS, or Space Launch system. It looks something like a cross between a space shuttle and the Apollo program rocket booster. Nasa wants to launch this thing in 2017, which is just a little over 5 years away. At a cost of $35 Billion, I’m thinking God, what a piece of crap and a band aid solution at best. More for keeping 14,000 people employed then anything else at that cost can America even justify this thing under their current economic situation? If so they’ve got money to burn. Anyway, that’s about all for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment