Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm running behind a little bit today, going in for the late shift

Thing with Yellow Tools is there’s not a lot of support. But the price is pretty good. But I’m still drawn back to MM17 and earlier just before the news I noticed “Pop rock guitars” from “9 volt audio.” I still think though that “Electricity” is the way to go but this pop rock guitars looks pretty good.


I got a long day ahead of me today. In some ways I’d like to take it off but that’d only give me 30 hours on my next check. Sigh. More on this later….

.....Including today I got 6 days ahead of me. So, I decided today I’ll go in for 5-9 leaving out of here at 4pm. I’d still get 34 hours in on my check for next week.

I’m kind of flip flopping between Yellow tools or MM17. If I get YT I can get it for this weekend. If I get MM17 (premium) I won’t be able to get it until this time next weekend even though I’ll have the “cash in my pocket” for 4 days. I still think MM17 is a better deal even though I’ll be in un- chartered waters with the order process, which is online using a prepaid credit card. MM17 can handle Rex files and has a whole bunch of other features including Elastiaudio similar to FL Studio’s Newtone. MM17 supports Rex2 files, which (?) can be triggered (played?) by a midi controller. Rex files are sample loop files designed by Propellerhead (Reason)


On my website, I‘ve introduced another item, which is a list of National and local SFF Conventions. But there are a few more I forgot to include such as Dragon Con and Vancouver’s convention as well.

One nice thing about my place of work having Monday’s off is I can visit Norwood Lodge, which is what I’m going to do next Monday night. Then next Thursday I have my own Lodge and next Saturday is Commercial again. So I’ve got a busy week ahead of me. Speaking about Lodge and all, there’s an agreement within our ranks to go “dark” January and February. Dark, is a Lodge term which means there is no lodge during the summer months. But we’ve found out that there are members who are in the city/area during July and August. And not just from our Lodge but other Lodges in the Edmonton area. It would make more sense to have our Lodge go dark January-February to accommodate those that are in the city during the summer months. As far as I know, we would be the only Lodge in our district/city that will be dark in the winter. I kind of like this because it will give us a chance to hold Lodge outside someplace, something our Lodge has never done. .

Having the ability to sleep in another day late, failed to materialize this morning. Mainly because I was restless and so was Anne and we got woken up by the lawnmower/tractor out back here. Oh well, tonight is just a short shift.

Yesterday I began reading George RR Martin’s “A game of thorns” book. I’m enjoying it but I think it‘s going to be a long read.

Yeesh, the Oiler’s are injury prone again and the regular season hasn’t even begun yet. I’m a little disillusioned with the Oiler’s right now. Sure I’ll watch the games if they are on TV and all but I’m not going to go out of my way to watch them or anything. I’ll follow the team in the papers and the highlights but this season will again be like last season. As long as the starting goaltender is in goal, I’ll have the Oiler’s to lose on my weekend Proline ticket. Anyway, that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment