Sunday, October 28, 2012

Over there at the TWOS is

day 1 of the Star Wars identity exhibit is underway. People have advanced tickets since the initial announcement of the event selling 20,000 tickets so far. That’s like $5M in one day. I’ll probably go in February or something like that. The event is going to be around for a long time and there’s so much there that maybe I might even go back several times.

On my way from LM to Corona station passing behind the 7-11 there, I noticed two fellas in superhero costumes. I think different versions of the “Flash” superhero. Halloween week, got to love it. Then while getting my lasagna treat at Tim’s bout 5:30pm while it was still light out there, I saw a Roman Centurion and a couple of other costumes. I asked if this was about the Oil City Roadhouse annual Halloween event. He confirmed it was. Lots of good energy. I love Halloween weekend.

Warren (a colleague from work) and I are going to an Oil Kings game the last Saturday in November. The Medicine Hat Tigers are in town and I want to not only get an early look at Oiler prospect/goalie Tyler Bunz but also get some Oiler gear at the Oiler store. I think they have windbreakers and or coats there and of course jerseys. They have articles of clothing not available at the retail level.

Kind of a lame show this evening on Coast: tonight's show: “Demonic Beings.” Yawn. I want to catch up on enough sleep and get up about 11am this morning for a very important Esks/Montreal game that has playoff implications. If the Esks win, they’ll be in the playoffs. If they lose, then that’s their season.

In contrast to all of this on my CFL Proline ticket yesterday, I had Winnipeg to beat Hamilton at home. It being the last game at Ivor Wynne stadium. Hamilton and Regina both have plans to build a new stadium. I was kind of hoping that Winnipeg would play spoiler but they lost to Hamilton 18-28. So there goes my ticket. I had Winnipeg/Hamilton, Argo’s/Riders and Edmonton/Montreal. I would have won $158 to pretty well break even. Argos beat out the Riders to 31-26. The good news is on Warren and mine double or nothing game I win $4 (we usually bet $2) and I said maybe we should go 2 more game and that’s Edmonton/Montreal and if he wins he owes me nothing. If I win he owes me $6! The Eskimos haven’t won at McGill since 2007 but we have a couple of heavy hitters back and it’s our season on the line. 


At LM yesterday on our way out I got some hands down experience on the Korg M3 and I’m flip flopping with that and Machine. So most likely I’ll get the M3 after I get the monitors. It’s no good without the monitors.

I09 is one of my favorite sites. I was kind of surprised o see this article by George Dvorsky. Apparently Physicists have demonstrated an actual tractor beam in the lab. It seems like we're getting closer to the Star Trek future by leaps and bounds these days, more over here…Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment