Thursday, October 4, 2012

On the job yesterday


I was lucky to get a $200 sale and on card but for about 4 hours after that, nothing until I got Ret after break and I ended up with about $500 and $325 on card. I had a decent day yesterday for a change.

I’m in for 4 hours this afternoon from 12:30pm until 4:30pm then I’m rushing home and I’ll probably call Neil as soon as I get inside. I’ve got everything completed and done for the festive board tonight so tonight should be ok. Nothing special. I’ve got the bbq report and elections. Should be a good night.

On a sad note, while I didn’t shop there very often, it was sad news learning about the closing of Edmonton’s independent book store Greenwoods books closing. It was not due to Chapters down the street the co owner of Greenwoods had a heart attack and passed away leaving the other owner kind of “up in the air” as her brother was the management part of the store. After 33 years she decided to pack it in. This makes Audrey’s books the only independent bookstore left in Edmonton. Audrey’s opened in 1977, the year before I moved to Edmonton. Sad to see Greenwoods closing it’s doors. It had nothing to do with the economy which is still holding it’s own.

Most strange, yesterday morning I went to check on the CFL Proline posts and the first game is Friday night. 

Edmonton/Hamilton and Sports Select the company that publishes Proline hasn’t yet published the CFL games as we’re into week #15. They have to be in for tomorrow, other wise, I’m making a detour down to Rexall and see if  they have them there. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment