Friday, October 5, 2012

Today it’s a short day

 by half an hour and I’m walking up to my bank cash my cheque and then double back a block to my wife’s building to use her pass key to get into the lobby and up to her floor and then give her my Scene card and her key back. I might get a bite to eat at the 7-11. A couple of their fast food burgers and a drink, then head home and watch whatever’s left of Smackdown and go to bed.

About 5am just as Anne was settling in for bed I had to know where my JW set of Lodge keys are. I didn’t remember taking them out of my pants pocket. I warn Anne lights are coming on for a minute, don’t panic. “Looking for my keys.” They weren’t in my pants pocket. Did they fall  out and hit the floor in between the cat litter box. She’s getting all upset now because I’m pulling out the cat litter box and I couldn’t find the keys on the floor and her metal Hamster cages (I didn’t know where behind the cat litter and they fell making noise. That’s when her blood pressure went up and got into her yelling voice causing more noise then I ever could. I shut the lights off and with my foot in the dark moved my foot around just under my side of the bed. Would they be on top of the dresser? Relief, found them. Back to bed. I was thinking now is John going to have to change locks and keys now? I’m glad I found them. I went back to bed and tried to get the last 4 hours or so I  had left. A bit of panic in the wee hours.

I’m kind of worried about this ecoli scandal thing now that crept up around the middle of September. It has far reaching ramifications because the plant where the ecoli was from (XL foods Brooks Alberta) helps to supply about a 3rd of Canada’s beef products. The plant is shut down undergoing an investigation but in the meantime the restaurants fast food places, depend on plants like this. Not to mention the truck drivers and workers at the plant. I’m wondering now if I can pick up my Wendy’s baconator on Saturday after I come back from LM.

Hamilton is at Commonwealth playing the Home team and the Esks need a win if they have any chance of making the playoffs. I’m going to pick a Proline tie (Edmonton to win within 3 points) So far this year I haven’t won anything on CFL Proline. This year I’ve won $25 on the NFL and they’re not even at the half way point of their season. Also speaking of sports, Wednesday the NHL went and canceled even more games. The next 2 big event markers for the NHL are the winter heritage classic and the “All star” game. If both sides can’t make an agreement by then that’s it for the season.

There’s nothing going on Sci-fi for me this weekend at all but I think our Pure Speculation is not far away November 16th-18th this year at Grant MacEwan Anyway that‘s all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment