Thursday, October 11, 2012

We got our first snowfall

We got our first snowfall of autumn just after Thanksgiving weekend but we haven’t got the snow that stuck on the ground yet.

I got a large sale within the first hour and 2 all afternoon but the evening as a bit better and I did taps to help shore up my lousy Card showing. All in all though I had a decent total, which surprised me because usually Wednesday’s aren’t that kind to me. The last hour I was losing energy and I knew it.

So the cargo supply ship launched over the weekend arrived at the space station and brought some experiments as well. Speaking of space news, the Mars rover Curiosity spotted a curious object on the surface of the planet not far away from Curiosity. Many just think that it’s a piece of plastic from the rover itself.

We got our GST cheque today which was a welcome relief as we were scrapping for pennies there for awhile earlier this week. Speaking about the Feds, it was mentioned over the news that the production of our Canadian passports are going to be outsourced to The Netherlands as a cost cutting measure. The NDP asked what’s next our currency? I don’t always agree with the left but in this they make sense.

For hours I was struggling how to open the midi key editor in Cubase 6 and I haven’t found any way how to open it. More then likely it’s something I’ve done wrong or forgot but I opened up a test file in FL Studio and Battery 3 works out fine. Actually better then I even hoped for.

I’ve been piecing more information about my father’s side of the family, my grandfather. His name was James Blaine Shannon born 1897 in Bonham Texas. He married a local woman named Florence at the age of 17 and she gave birth to my Aunt Eve in Bonham in 1919. They were  married in 1920 My grandmother gave birth to my father in El Centro CA 2 years latter. My grandparents divorced a few years after my father was born. My grandfather remarried and in 1931 my grandfather while working for the City of Imperial died in an industrial accident overcome by sewer gas while trying to rescue 2 of his co workers. My step grandmother married again and during lengthy custody battle gained custody of aunt and father and lived in San Diego. It gets a little murky after that but apparently my father married during the war years. He flew bomber aircraft over the Atlantic to get the planes to their destinations. He wasn’t flying bomber missions or anything like that. But what motivated him to move to Canada I have no idea. That’s where it gets murky. I found out that my grandmother got married again and  moved to Vernon BC and died at the age of 44, which is still relatively young. How she died I have no idea but she’s buried in Vernon.

This morning I’m getting my Proline CFL game for week 16. Just 3 games left over until the season is over. I’m not sure about my picks yet. Anyway, that’s about all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment