Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This isn’t breaking

 news but it’s all over the blog sphere: George Lucas has sold Lucasfilm to Disney for a huge $4.5B deal. The deal gives Lucas title as “creative consultant.” It means that Lucas is a major Disney shareholder. Disney hinted that more Star Wars movies with Star Wars 7 in 2015 just a few years away. I just hope Doesn’t “dumb down” the movies to a Harry Potter level and make them “family friendly.” I like the level of the last movie and if they keep it like that or even like the last Star Trek  movie, I’d be satisfied with that. Wow, what an announcement. Also Lucas will get 40 million Disney shares, making him the 10th largest shareholder,. Also in the deal is the Indy movies as well. No doubt though Disney will milk the Ewok’s and Jar-jar to death. I wonder what the implications of this deal are what with the NYSE closed yesterday?

I’ve got a full 8 hours ahead of me and 7 tomorrow and lodge night. Anne was saying that Sobey’s has subs a lot cheaper then Subway, so I’m going to go drop my $50 into my Scotia account to by 4 assorted. Bay station, home and have a bite to eat, clean up get ready, head out and go down to the Lodge. I have the key’s so I can get in even before others show up. The only thing I don’t like about being JW is that I’ve got to shell out the cash first out of pocket and then recover my costs from the festive board. I don’t always recover the full amount and I’m trying to save up enough so on Saturday I can make 2 payments at LM. If I have $50 in my pocket tomorrow morning, then I’m heading to my bank first thing in the morning and making that deposit for LM and then off again Saturday after work.

At the moment, it’s -12 partially overcast. It’s wearing boot season again but the Sun is shining nicely through a veil of thin cloud.

For some reason, Firefox won’t let me open a web page this morning. I keep getting a error warning dialogue box. I can hear it cycling through in the background. Anyway, that’s about all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment