Monday, November 19, 2012

it’s an overcast day

out there -9 and possibly a wind chill.

I was considering going into to work for the 5-9 shift to see if I could win that iPod dock. Then I realized something James said something like unless if anyone gets $1,400 in cards I could win it. I probably could but somehow I get the feeling that some of the guys have set up a couple of call back taps for today to get the points they need and I’m going to go in there tonight and get nothing. I’ll wait for the big draw and participate in that instead. Even though I have enough "ibucks" to win, somebody is going to get a couple of huge sales on card. That iPod dock would have been a nice accessory but I’m into the big prizes like the Ntendo DS that’s up for grabs by the end of the month. They‘ll have new prizes this week. Now watch, I‘ll go in and the iPod dock will be gone tomorrow, meaning to say somebody took it basically saying what I said above. Next time, I'll wait until the end of the week to see how many ibucks I have. I'm testing a theory and see if it holds. If the iPod dock is still there tomorrow morning, then I could have had it. I've got the feeling that it will be off the shelf when I go into the office at noon tomorrow
.

Anyway, my knee feels a little better not by much. I don’t need to hobble around at all but I’m still moving slower. Anne and I think it’s just a Charlie horse.

Our outing yesterday went by without a hitch. Anne took this photo of me on the train holding a bottle of diet Coke. Despite the discomfort in my knee, I was feeling pretty good. 

We barely caught our #33 at Southgate but Anne was able to get the driver to wait and hold it for me. That would have saved us half an hour. So it was over to West Edmonton Mall (WEM) and we got there about 4:15pm. We headed over to the food court and I got some Chinese food but the chicken ball was kind of lame. Anne went over to get a Tim’s but I had enough walking around and I needed a break so she went on her own and I posted a couple of Facebook photos. I also cleaned up some memory on my iPad and posted a video to YouTube. I freed up about 1Gb of space on my iPad. Anne came back and brought me a little ice cream and strawberry treat. Then we went into Chapters on our way to Silver City theaters and I noticed they had a great selection of Warhammer 40k books. I found “Word Bearer omnibus” and they had 1 copy. I had a chat with another Chapters shopper browsing for SFF books. I decided to pick it up but thought better of it and put it back on the shelves and found Anne sitting where I left her. I mentioned it to her and she said if I want it, that’d be ok with her. We went over to where I had left it and bought it. Then we went over to PJ’s pet supplies next door to look at the pets. Lots of birds. The puppies and cats were put away. Up a couple of escalators and an elevator, we got our tickets and I cashed in for my free Scene movie as Anne and I came out to watch the new James Bond movie “Skyfall.” In a word, awesome. Probably one of the best James Bond movies of all time. Daniel Craig totally impressed me with his performance. I love the surround sound. On a scale of 1-10, I’d rate it a 10. Especially because I got it for free and this morning based upon what I already had on my Scene account and from paying for Anne's movie, I have 2041 points which is enough for 2 free movies. These are first run movies as well.

Throughout the day yesterday, I was watching the Calgary/BC CFL scores results on my iPad from the CFL homepage and another shocker: Calgary won. So next weekend it’s going to be Calgary/Toronto in Toronto. If it hadn’t been the pain from my knee, today on a scale from 1-10 would be a 9.5. Right up there. Yesterday was a great day, for a Sunday.


I read an interesting article in the Sun paper Saturday in between slow calls. It's called "Roll out the barrels." The article revealed some interesting things about oil and the most interesting part of all is that out of the Bakken shale oil fields there in North Dakota US oil companies are pulling out about 700,000 barrels of oil/day. By 2020 the US will be expected to be the worlds larget oil producer in the world (with help from Canada) However oil shale is very expensive to produce in a process called hydraulic fracturing and like Alberta tar sands oil (bitumen) has its fair share of problems. Environmentalists note issues like land use, waste disposal, water use, waste-water management, greenhouse-gas emissions and air pollution to name a few. Utilizing hydraulic fracturing in places like Texas is compromising the states fresh water table in a drought cycle there. It's very interesting stuff going around. 

Today on my plate, I’m doing more research into Cubase 7 and the Cubase C controls. Plus also posting this and puttering around the apartment. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment