Sunday, November 11, 2012

Having a decent Sunday and

it’s in the half Esks/Argo’s and it’s 7-31! Yikes. So much for the Edmonton Eskimo’s for the 2012 season. Trading for Ricky Ray didn’t help much. Though to be fair we got into the playoffs, even though it looks like only to the Eastern semi finale on a cross over. This is a hard game for the Esks to come back from, what with the Argo’s playing so well. Latter I’m following the Riders/Calgary game after this.

Yesterday late afternoon while waiting for a bus a block West of Wendy’s on 104th street I was wondering if there was another bus stop/shelter further East along the same block but after a look on Google maps, I couldn’t find anything. And from the time I got to the bus shelter itself trudging through a narrow snow path along the sidewalk and wait for 30 minutes, I could have easily walked from there to Corona station. It would have taken me 15 minutes but my right knee was acting up on me. Besides I didn’t have my iPad with me and it wasn’t that cold. My big issue was I needed to us a bathroom as I was holding my bladder. I could have ducked into one of the nearby shops behind the bus shelter but chances are I would have missed my connection. I didn’t see anything coming my way East along 104th street. At about 5:45pm it was busy traffic.

I remember taking the 104th street way home often working at Cobogo warehouse (behind the Grand Hotel) and I’d take a bus that would take me to the now burnt out Sandy Lane strip mall, cross the street and head home to where I was at the time from 1983-March 1985. Anyway, all along 104th Ave from 101st street right up to 121st was the CPR tracks and CPR sheds. It was all open, where Grant MacEwan is now and Oliver shopping Centre. It’s amazing how the city has grown in the last 30 years. About the only landmarks still around in the City would be the CN building the MacDonald hotel the Telus building, the Grand Hotel, The Bay. That’s about it.

At the moment it’s -11 out there and there could be a wind chill. Tomorrow (Monday) Anne wants to drag me out to West Edmonton Mall to get a bite to eat at the food court and try using our Scene points so we can go see the new James Bond film, “Skyfall” If we  make the proper connections and all we might be back by 10pm but I doubt it. If we go for the 4pm show and leave out of here by 2pm, maybe. I can miss Raw for one week, won’t kill me. Anyway, that’s about all for me for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment