Friday, November 16, 2012

I had an unexpected nice day off

I decided to head down to Pet Smart to catch the #2 which would take me to 50th and 118th Ave a few blocks from Lodge. The #183 came along and I asked the driver about the #2 and he said it went to Clareview station but it could be out of service. I hurried back to my place and at 6:30pm I called Mike and asked him if he could pick me up. I gave him directions and waited out there for about 20 minutes and he pulled in. Whew. Mike agreed to pull into Tim’s over there on 50th and I got a badly needed coffee and we arrived at Lodge at 7pm. We had about 8 guys there. It was a great practice. I’m going to invest the Stewards. There was a bit  more that only the IPM’s are privy to and at that point Nathan our director of ceremonies arranged for Dan (not Mullet) to drive me home, which was nice. Then I realized that wait now, I have the key and they have no way of locking up. Dan drove us back a bit and Mike and Frank were out there talking and I mentioned to Frank about the festive board and he said that he’s the installing master so he does the festive board. I don’t have to do anything! Sweet. I’m done the JW chair except when we open Lodge. By this time next year though, it will be my turn do the festive board as WM.

I'm happy about the above. In the morning I'm going to drop into my Scotia bank before work and ask how much my service charges are and when. 

Today it's a 7.5 hour day and after work I'll be rushing up to my bank. City work crews are doing some renovations in the upper concourse at the LRT Central station. They've been doing this for over the last couple of months now.

I think Saturday after work, I'm just going over to Audrey's and shop for a book and then head over to Tim's for some lasagna and then home.

Monday, I'm in for 4 hours so I can drop that $35 into my account to pay for my iPad Internet plan. Also by doing that I can see if can win any of the new prizes and have Friday morning off. This way it makes for an easier Friday especially when there's a full 6 hours Saturday. Anyway, that's about all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment