Saturday, November 10, 2012


busy couple of days here. 

I had a great day on the job last night. Tuesday slow, Wednesday great, Thursday slow (I had to duck out at 7pm as my knee was causing me some greif and I was having a long day as it was.) First time that's ever happened. I'm hoping for a solid day today.

I'm out of here in about an hour, then over to Tim's for some breakfast and in the office for 6 hours. I arranged to have one of my colleagues to drop me off after work this afternoon so I can make a bill payment at Long & McQuade on my program. I'm ahead by 3 payments, today will be 4.

The guys asked me over to BP's for drinks after work today but I think I'm just going to go over to Wendy's by LM have a bite to eat and catch the #2 to Corona and head home.

I was in bed by about 12:30 this morning giving me about 5.5 hours of sleep.

Anne’s giving me the silent treatment, fighting with me this weekend. Most likely because it’s a long weekend. It means I don’t have to call her today but she’ll call me this evening on her break.

I had a better day on the job yesterday. I got a $400 sale that went through on a Visa (I was told it went through last night) I think I ended up with about $1200 or so and about $400 on card doing CPC all day.

In doing some more family tree stuff, Robert Wacaser suggested it might have been Richard Martin Shannon (James Blaine Shannon’s brother, which would make him my father’s uncle) that paid us a visit that summer in 1968 but that wouldn’t make sense because he died September 26 1955. Thirteen years before the visit  He was born 1891, which would put him at 64 years old. If he lived until 1968 he would have been an old man at the age of 77. I know JBS had another brother as well but that would have put him at about the same age by 1968. According to Find a Grave.com, All of JBS’s brothers had no children resembling 2 boys. Even when I was 16 in 1968 dad would have been 46. My brother Mike might know. By 1968 though, Florence Shannon Monsees would have been 22 years in her grave already.
    The other thing Robert mentioned was that in 1940 Florence was very sick, which might have been the motivating factor for them to come up to Canada. From 1926-until 1940 I wonder how much contact Richard and Evelyn had with Xel and Florence? It’s quite possible that Xel invited Richard and Evelyn to Vernon in 1940. Perhaps Ken Grandbois himself was a member of the Knights of Pythias and was initially from Vernon. He was born in 1915. He’d be 97 if he’s still alive today.
    Apparently Evelyn and Ken have a daughter Carol Round and even gave me a phone number to call. So I’m going to call when I get home tonight. Maybe she can tell me more about Ken and Evelyn if she’s open to it. She might even tell me if Ken was a member of KOP, where they got married where they lived in N Vancouver. I vaguely remember in the family car in the 1960’s paying Ken and Evelyn a visit in North Vancouver. I assume it was in North Vancouver. I don’t remember much about this visit. I think we were told to wait in the car.
    The other thing I’d be interested in knowing is where did Evelyn and Richard go to school in El Centro? John Elder was in El Centro and I think he might have met Alta there 1935 because by 1954 they were married. Alta had Dorothy Jean Shannon.
    Getting back to dad’s uncle Richard Martin Shannon (RMS) his only wife was Roxie Paralee Marlin Shannon (1893 - 1979)* She died at the age of 86. This would have been dad’s aunt. RMS and Roxie had 2 girls, Margaret Laura Shannon Holmes (1915 - 1995)* Margaret never had any children and she would have been 53 in 1968. Lola May Shannon Coon (1921 - 2001)* These were my dad’s cousins. Both of these girls would have been about the same age as dad. Lola May might have had a child as there is a photo from “Find a grave” of her holding a baby. So far I can’t find any link to any member of dad’s family that had 2 twins. I guess I was wrong about the JBS having 2 other brothers, he only had 1 and that would have been RMS. His two girls have no twins. Roxie had never been married before Richard. So then was this on Ken’s side of the family? There was nothing significant going on in Vancouver in 1968 that would compel those people from coming to Vancouver. So who were they? 


I'm off for 2 days, 1 with pay. However I got the wife fighting with me this weekend. It's going to be one of "those" weekends. Sigh, what I don't go through with. Anyway's that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment