Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I listened to (several times)

last night a song from The Monkee’s “Shades of grey” song and I had a bit of a epiphany of sorts. I recall before my back operation. That wonderful year 1967, 45 years ago when I was 15 years old. I didn’t know what a future was, I couldn’t think past being in the hear now. I had a crush on Jill Sigardson (apparently she died of cancer)
I recall that dance we had on the patio and I said “May I cut in” as Jill was dancing with somebody. Those words night not have been in 1966 maybe they were said in 1965. I was still a quirky kid with a crew cut. Somehow the song resonated with me, about simpler times in life. I didn’t know anything about drugs or jobs or the economy or sports. I had no aspirations or ambitions. I remember Avlon Hill’s “Blitzkrieg” or at least watching Dave Galloway and Jim Martin play this, sometime in 1966 in Dave’s bedroom. The game came out in 1965 and the only hobby shop where products like this would have been sold near us was at the Cariboo shopping Centre where “Great Clips” is now according to Google maps that is. I also recall 1966 how I tagged along with Dave Winfield because he was excited he was to get the AMT Star Trek Enterprise model. I also recall how he bought Pizza for us and we pigged out on it in the bushes by the slopes behind the shopping Centre. Those bushes are still there today. I couldn’t tell what the name of the Pizza place was or even the name of the hobby shop but this most likely is where Dave Galloway bought the game Blitzkrieg.

We have this game where we get iBucks. It’s based upon a point system based upon credit cards. It’s a motivating the staff kind of tool. It was a long day and we had about 6 products that have been picked over the past while. Plays usually get the points handed out Monday nights (to get more people show up on Mondays because Mondays, hardly anyone shows up because they already put a 37.5 hour work week in. So when I was handed a slip saying I had 1400 something iBucks and 4 other people were there along with me, I asked what people wanted because I had my eye on this sub bass woofer and speakers. So I asked around everybody said Ok, take the sub. It was a hefty package as well to take home. I was excited. Then along comes one of the guys and says he’s going to claim it. Talk about inflation. Totally let down and after that I didn’t want anything left over. Most of it was house wares. At this point, I didn’t even want the tablet or anything. I was kind of let down and I think it showed the last half of an hour of a long day. I kind of felt the other guy kind of betrayed me because he knew I wanted the sub and acquired it out of spite. He probably had no use for it anyway. I should have used reversed psychology and focused on the tablet and the guy would have taken the tablet freeing up the sub. I would have done this anyway but I was wiped out and exhausted. Then I got to thinking that, I really want to get the studio monitors and sub anyway from LM. That in itself is going to require one of my Lodge friends to come with me and pick it up at LM on a Saturday afternoon. I’m going to have to bring the package in the back way.  Ok I want the KRK - KRK10S Powered Studio Subwoofer $450 and 2 KRK 8’s which are $279> $280 each. The package is just over $1,000. I’m looking at $1,060 total package. It’s basically $88/month. I can go in every 2 weeks and make a payment. I could have this paid up in 6 months and then go for the Easy home. Just something to think about. Anyway, that’s all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment