Saturday, February 23, 2013

I got out of bed about an hour

ago. I went to bed with an abscessed tooth about 3am I feel ok now.

Friday I worked until 1pm and went down to Long & McQuade (LM) and settled my account. It means as I'm rebuilding my "credit rating resume" I can add that to the top of the list and I can open another account. I could have opened one yesterday but I couldn't justify doing that right now until after I'm more or less settled into the job. Maybe latter on in the Spring. At LM I picked up a clip on tuner for my guitar ($20) and a USB cable for about $10. Future shop was trying to sell me the same thing for about $30! The USB cable I bought because I thought my Fast Track audio Interface one was frayed some where along the length of the cable. I wasn't ready to go home too early figuring I'd by pass Anne and I thought, this would be a great way to kill some time take a ride to the end of the line LRT and face time her from my iPad. Despite the slight pixalation I got a decent connection from Century Park to Clareview. I had a nap on the train back as Anne said she'd meet me at Clareview station. At Clareview she managed spot me through the 3pm crowd as I gave her the bus pass. The other good news about paying for my Komplete 8 is I got about 50 Scene movie points!

Being new to the world of electronic clip on guitar tuners as I was trying to figure this thing out I went and broke the B string. A YouTube video showed how easy it was to restring an electric guitar but the bridge action on mine was slightly different. I'll be at LM after work next Friday to get some advice on how to restring & tune my little Fender. I should have bought a gig bag that way on the train into work next Friday I can bring my guitar in get some strings then bring it down. I'll probably do that this week after work and before they close. 

The Oiler's are hosting Phoenix in a rare Saturday afternoon matinee down at the Rex. I hope they win this one befre they head out on this 9 game road stand. 

After the game, I'm heading out to Future shop to pick up a iTune's gift card for Anne and a USB hub for me. 

About my Fast Track Pro and why I'm getting this clipping. My theory was that it had to do with the cable. After trying out the cable last night I still got the clipping. 

 The tan usb cable is the one that came with the Fast Track, the silver one is the one I bought yesterday. The other theory is M-Audio often releases driver updates for their hardware and I'm hoping there is a recent hardware update from Avid. I'll be checking into that. According to the Avid driver website there are no new driver releases for the Fast Track. Next up is to check the forums. Also, the "clipping" or static applies when I utilize the new usb cable in my desk top PC.

Yesterday I received a call from Audrey's saying that the first of 4 from the Warhammer 40K Horus Heresy series is in. I'll get one of them on my way home Monday night. Anyway, back to the Oiler game,that's all for now .




No comments:

Post a Comment