Friday, February 15, 2013

My day on the job yesterday began slow

and I did ok getting 2 survey's before lunch. After lunch I had 7 and I would have had my 10th but my contact had ducked out on me. I felt good leaving the office knowing that I'm doing reasonably well on the job. Not only that but this weekend is the Valentines/Family day long weekend. My favorite stat holiday only behind Easter. I felt good leaving the office and I caught my train back to Clareview. I had a laid back evening just on the computer all night. Anne called at 8pm. Other then that it was a quiet night

Seems asteroid 2012 DA14 which flies by Earth on today, will not be in danger of hitting us as its making a record-setting close approach, for an object of its large size (about half a football field). It will pass inside the ring of Earth's satellites, coming within just 17,200 miles of the planet's surface. More at CNET and Space.com  <. This is a record breaking asteroid because there's been no other asteroid in modern times that's been this close. All we need is a gravity wave to nudge it towards Earth or maybe the asteroid to collide with some space junk and kaboom! .

This weekend if all goes well, I'm going to have some fun. I could get the big check, the small check or no check. If I get the big check, then I'm going to have fun, if I get the small one, then its home Saturday to watch the Oiler game and out to Freemason's hall Sunday morning for that officers training, then home to take my wife out for a Valentines day dinner if she's up to it. If that asteroid doesn't hit us. Anyway, that's about all for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment