Sunday, February 3, 2013

Saturday was notable

 for 2 reasons: First, it was ground hog day and the hog did not see his shadow (here) which means we have an early Spring. Six weeks of winter instead of 8 but today sure felt like Spring. We‘re getting our March run-off a bit early. Also today marked the end of the penny here in Canada. My baconator combo was $9.75, including GST. 

Hey, I won for the first time this year on the 6/49! Five bucks. My first win of the year. I got #15, #47 (including the bonus #) gets me $5! Wuu- Who!



 

I left out of here just before 3pm as I could see my bus approaching. The train hadn’t pulled out yet and I got a seat at the back of the last car. I pulled open my iPad and headphones and began listening to the Oiler’s/Av’s game. When I left the 3rd period was underway but there was no scoring when I lost connection in the tunnel at Churchill station. At Corona I got up to street level and over to Audrey‘s. They had a reading/book signing in the basement. I got my Warhammer 40K book, my book club bill said I‘m about the equivalent of 2 more “Space marine Battle‘s” book away from cashing in my points but I want to wait a bit more to save points for Robert J. Sawyer‘s latest release this Spring. After Audrey‘s I worked my way to Rexall and got a bottle of Pepsi (no diet in the cooler) and my 6/49 ticket for last night‘s draw. After a 5 minute line up later I was on my way East along 109th street to Long & McQuade. I made a bill payment and took a look at the monitors. LM can order me the 6“ KRK monitors in white but I‘m still looking at the Yamaha 8‘s. but the 8’s might be a bit over kill in my small space. They have a flatter response time then most of the rest and that plays into any producer‘s advantage. After LM I meandered my way over to Wendy‘s and got myself a Baconator/large fries and drink. Half way through my lunch I was a happy guy. After lunch about 5:30pm I headed next door to Future Shop to look around. I found the laptop I‘ve got my eye on. It‘s the i7 quad core 2.9 Lenovo Ideapad. At 8 Ram and 4 USB ports and a 750 Gb hard drive, this should do the trick but Future Shop‘s sale end today. It goes back up to $799, maybe when I get my tax return in May. I spent about half an hour at Future Shop After Future shop I headed back towards Corona station and thought about popping into BP’s for a pint and get caught up on the day’s NHL highlights but instead I just headed for home. I think my next LM payment, I’m going to head over to Denny’s instead have a pint with my meal and a block North I Happy Harbor Comics. I didn’t have enough cash with me today but that’s some thing to consider next time: Audrey’s, Rexall, LM to pay my bill then over to Denny’s around the corner from LM have meal and a pint and Happy Harbor comics is a block down the street and a bus to Corona station. Sounds like something to do every other week or so.

I had a great evening. I passed out a bit on the couch watching some of the Chicago/Flames game until Anne called. She’s at work for 7 hours because of the Super bowl game. This means, I’m holding down the fort.

As for today, I’m waking Anne up at 9am as she’s got to get out and be ready for work by 11am. She’s not a morning person. Welcome to my world for the last 12 years! Anyway, that’s about all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment