Saturday, February 9, 2013

I got out of bed shortly

after the noon hour and dialed in the Oiler/Wings game on TV. Surprise, Nikolai Khabibulin is in net. The Oiler’s were going to either lose in regulation or lose in OT anyway. My mood changed and brightened up: This is actually a good move by the Oiler Coach. Gives Dubie a break. As usual in usual form the Oiler’s began taking penalties. By the end of the 2nd period though the score was only 0-1 for Wings and they got that goal based on a 5-3 against us. Can’t blame Khabibulin for that. Nick Shultz from our D scored to tie. I thought, hey, this could be a good game after all. My hopes were high. The officiating was good so far. Detroit scored on the pp 2-1 on a screened play. We had 8 pp opportunities and couldn’t get the job done. The best player for the Oiler’s I thought was Nikolai Khabibulin! The outcome would have been the same regardless of who was I n net but Khabibulin made some great saves. The Oiler’s played their B game while at home the Wings won their 2nd at home while we dropped our 5th straight loss. The Oiler’s lost this afternoon because of penalties. Not blaming the officials, they kept everything more or less even. The Oiler’s also lost due to a better team. Simple as that. Tomorrow though is another day and the Oiler’s are playing in Columbus and that‘s a 4pm start.

Some sad news though yesterday when I called Anne she was all in tears because Skippy had jumped off the balcony into the snow below about half an hour before I called. This morning Anne knew Skippy would be under the maintenance shed over there at the Edmonton housing complex. That’s where a lot of stray cats hang out in the winter and under cement steps away from the wind. Anne, this morning went to provide some food and water for the 3 strays that make that place their home. Skippy came out after recognizing her and rubbed up against her. When Anne reached out to touch her she hurried back underneath the shed. Skippy is a very loving cat and even cuddled up with me in bed the other night. Anne’s going to continue to go out to feed her and bring her in to get warmed up and all once in a while. Her fear is in the Spring when she‘s going to get knocked up and produce litter. By that time or even earlier we‘re going to try and get her to the SPCA and the other cats there as well:

I‘m back at work at last. I‘m working a block South of Corona LRT. It‘s full time. I‘m doing research work (survey’s) and I‘m getting a bit more then what I was making at my last job plus I get evenings and weekends off. It‘s not a big phone room like the last one. There‘s about 10 stations and calling is a mix between manually dialing and entering data. I‘m basically calling small businesses. But it‘ interesting work and it‘s not selling. Also what I like about it my pay even though it‘s bi weekly it gets directed right into my bank account. Also the company I‘m working with has been around since the 1980‘s. I got the job from a previous co-worker I worked with about 5 years ago in the Baker Centre location. Anyway, we struck up a friendship and over the last few years I‘ve been communicating with him on Face book. He left me a private message saying he might have some work for me. I didn‘t know he was the boss until he invited me to take a look at their operation. I didn‘t need to send a resume by email or anything like that, it was, I went in had a chat got hired and I start full time Monday. So I went today and called HR from my previous place of employment left a message on voicemail explaining some details that I‘m breaking my severance package agreement and left my contact details. That‘s all done. The best part about this job is that every 300 hours or so, I get a raise in pay. My pay checks go right into my Scotia bank, perfect. My hours are 9-5 and I can pencil in my own hours and I get evenings and weekends off.

Anne left me with only 1 2L and that was about 70% full. it meant go without or make a trip to Superstore across the street. It was breezy but mild out there. I bought 3 2L of diet cola and that should last us until Sunday night. I'm glad I went out across the street to get that pop and it saves Anne a trip as well. I've been home for like 15 minutes now and I'm still sweating!

Other then that I didn't want to say anything about the job until I knew I had it. Now it's a question of keeping it and passing my 1st 90 day review. That's going to be the initial hurdle. 

Sunday I have a rare Oiler game to watch for a 4pm afternoon game. So far it's been a great couple of days.

This week, on my plate it's just work but I'm heading out to Lodge Wednesday as one of our visitors is the Worshipful master of his lodge visiting us.Turn-about is fair play. I'm not having a pint or anythig. I should be home by 10:30-11pm a bite to eat then bed but that's still a few days away then the following Saturday I'm off at Commercial Lodge so that should be ok. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment