Friday, May 3, 2013

I booked off work

at 4pm yesterday and got the train and was home by 4:45pm. I had a bit of time, changed and left out of here before 6pm.

Although accounts of a large aquatic creature living in Scotland's Loch Ness date back 1,500 years, the first modern sighting of the Loch Ness Monster was reported in the Inverness Courier on May 2, 1933.

I had a bit of a wait at the Lodge and Nathan was first to show up. I didn’t know John (Hall custodian) was there but evidently he was and after ringing the buzzer he let us in. I had a great night. I was almost letter perfect this evening. I had a beer at the festive board and Roger drove me to Wendy’s on the way home where I had a baconator and fries to take home as I wanted to take some stress of Anne’s shoulders from making me late lunches.

This from i09 today. It’s a cute story: Why would aliens come all this way just to invade Earth? In movies, when aliens invade our planet, they usually have a ludicrous motivation. Like, they're after our water. Or our gold. (Hint: Asteroids have gold.) Space travel is incredibly difficult and expensive — so why would aliens actually bother to come and invade us? We asked some experts for reasons that actually make sense. There’s more of this story here:

I watched the CBC late night news for a change. Peter Mansbridge, their main anchor has been there for 25 years. May 2nd 1988. Wow, hard to believe that was 25 years ago. I was 35 years old thin and had teeth and working at the Army & Navy. Where has all the time gone?

I think what I’m going to do, the weekend of the 18th after Lodge, is run over to LM if there’s time and then order the monitors to take home. It‘s a plan.

Today, I‘m in for a full day, then over to get a book at Audrey‘s Rexall for a bag of chips a 6/49 and head for home. SJ/Vancouver tonight. Anyway, that‘s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment