Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Yesterday we got up to

+30 and I'm glad I got out of lifting that hide-a-bed out of here because I had a heat stroke in the morning that lasted pretty well much all afternoon. It was brought about by my sinus condition bit I feel a bit better although we could have used the AC unit on. I was in bed before midnight. 

Still working on my Warhammer 40K Space Wolf summer read and wondering if I should get the online or print version of What dwarf magazine. I'll probably get the online version because I own an iPad anyway.

Currently on my mind is a major decision city council is going to vote on Wednesday. It's to decide to borrow the money for a new downtown arena. People don't realize that Rexall place was built with public money. At the moment it wont be the end of the world or anything if city council votes "No." The Oiler's will still be at Rexall. It means the Oiler's will still have the oldest arena in the league and about 2-3 billion dollars worth of projects in the area that would not be developed if the arena does not go through. Plus if we don't build it now, it's going to cost a lot more a year or even 2 from now. Also, the tax benefits to city coffers is huge, like about $160 million/year. 

Anyway, it's a regular back to work day for me. I wish we could start at 8:30am and leave at 4:30pm but I'd lose an extra half hour. Anyway, it's a long day ahead for me. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment