Thursday, May 16, 2013

Today I’m

hoping for an average working day. Then it’s home to watch some hockey and relax. Well that’s the idea.

In local news they were talking about all the UFO sightings here in Canada last year and the UFO “hubs” were Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg and I can’t recall the rest but Edmonton was not on the list.

The downtown arena district just got a little bit closer to becoming a reality with a vote passed of 10-3 as the funding picture just got a little clearer. The funding is still in the application stage but its closer to reality or city council to vote on it. What could kill this thing is a possible plebiscite kind of like what killed the Omniplex in 1970.

I’m looking forward to this long weekend. I’ll have only 2 days to sleep in because of Lodge Saturday but this is a rare event because they’re celebrating their 100th year. Our lodge is about 60 and I’ll be long gone before I’ll see it get to be 100, If the Lodge lasts that long. I might be the last IPM the way things are going. Anyway, that’s all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment