Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The long weekend has come and

gone but at least we have a bit of a short week.

I love shows like this and tonight on Coast the topic is "Evolution of an Abductee."As an abductee with 95 percent conscious recall of his experience, Jim Sparks, will talk about how he went from resistor to cooperator with the alien beings who abducted him and how the first six years of his experience were traumatizing and terrible followed by six years of enlightenment. Should be a good show.

In local politics later this morning Mayor Mandel is about to make an announcement (again) saying one way or another if he's either going to run again or call it a career. In my opinion Stephen Mandel is the best Mayor Edmonton has ever had since Lawrence Decore. The only person I like on council other then Mandel is Kim Krushell because she is a fan of Mandel and shares his vision of my City. If Mandel steps down I hope Kim runs. I'd vore for her in a heartbeat if Mandel says he's had enough.

Earlier yesterday afternoon I was watching this documentary on Andy Warhol. Now I've never been a follower of his nor have I ever seen much of his work.To me he was just another product of our times. If someone in 1966 ever asked me if I had hard of him they'd get a blank, who? Yet he was very influential in the pop culture world. I basically associated with Warhol via Lou Reed in the early 1970's

This week, I have absolutely nothing on my plate. There's no meetings to go to, no outings with the wife, it's just work and home for the evening. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment