Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Finally, April is over with as

it was mentioned on local news that our local weather hasn't been this cold since the early 1980's. The first time in local weather history that we did not on this day reach above 0..ever!

Tonight on Coast the topic is a bit lame: "Harnessing Your Dreams." Not really something I'm interested in so it looks like George is out to promote another book.So for the next several days they have some soft topics.

It's with a sense of relief after reading my Lodge newsletter that our Lodge secretary (at my request) placed a announcement for a special meeting the first weekend in June. I'm grateful for that. If I have my health and when I'm say 73, I can look back at this post with a sense of nostalgia.

My job woes continue to give me grief. I almost got pulled off a project and I'm not out of the woods yet. I asked the boss if this means I'm fired and he said no. It's not that I'm not without options and I have some savings for a rainy day and I can always go on unemployment insurance for like 8 months and continue my education (It might save me from a job search) as I'd like to take a accounting course or something like that. Although, I'd like to be working for as long as I can I'd like to continue working, that's what I'd like to do but I have another 4 years and 4 months until I qualify for full pension, wu-who! Like that's something to look forward to.

On local news this evening they had a story on Space tourism and they said that for a $200,000 deposit, you can book a spot in about 3 years. Would I go into space? What with 2 metal rods in my spine? Not a chance. I'd get rejected before the ink was signed. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment