Thursday, May 9, 2013

My wife

Anne put the left over shepherds pie on a plate for me. It was good. I’ll be in bed in about half an hour checking out a bit of Coast.

My younger brother is getting married (again) in September. Good for him. It’s his 2nd time around but as for me, once is enough. I’m happy with my wife and all but if) lord forbid something happens to her and I find myself alone, I’m going to stay that way.


Yesterday at City Hall the big downtown arena vote never happened. City council decided they need another 2 weeks to see if they can find the missing $55M. My city has been down this road before. Back in 1970 the city of Edmonton had this idea to build what was called a Omniplex. It was a combination regulation CFL indoor stadium NHL arena and conference centre all in one at a cost of $30M! public money. It was a great idea but it was put to a vote November 25th 1970 by the people of Edmonton. 54% said no because at the end of the day after 25 years the entire project would have cost $97M. The Omniplex would have been situated where the old Edmonton Remand centre is now. I got a feeling the cit of Edmonton is going to go this way again. We'll know in about 2 weeks.

Tonight on Coast “UFOs, ETs and Abductions,” what with all of these abductions taking place, this topic on Coast could not have come at a worse time.

I didn’t win last night’s $12M lotto 6/49 but a guy in Okotoks won $15M from his girlfriends suggestion. She probably said as they pulled up for gas “Oh honey, don’t forget to buy a 6/49 ticket. Prior to that he probably never played in his life. I hate guys like that, not really but you just want to. Of course if I did win, I would never announce it except to immediate family. 

I’d like to attend Lodge tonight but I’m not known at this Lodge, so I think I’ll wait until Tuesday night and as they know me there. We’ll see. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment