Saturday, May 4, 2013

So far I’m having a nice couple

of days off and about to watch a bit of the NHL playoffs. Speaking of which it came as no surprise but  SJ won game #2 in Vancouver. The Canucks are in real trouble now that the Sharks are up 2 games to none. I think the Sharks are going to take this series. Game #3 is tomorrow night, game #4 would be Wednesday.

This afternoon we got up to +19, which was the warmest so far this year. We should have been here a month ago. 


This is a recent story from Space.com, even if it's a few days old but after clocking nearly 100 million miles in orbit, one of the space shuttle program's huge robotic arms was unveiled to the to the public Thursday (May 2) at its last stop — a museum in the country's capital.The 50-foot (15 meters) Canadarm 2001 completed 23 space shuttle flights before, read more here...

This week, I’m going to try and get out to Lodge a couple of nights and watch some of the playoffs but I’m also out to get a $50 gift card so I can get some drum sample packages for Maschine.  


Saturday was important locally because it was part of National Comic Book day and our own Happy Harbor comic franchise were giving away free comic books. Also a reference on the news about "The Force" (Star Wars) as in 2007 Los Angeles City Council declared May 25, 2007, as Star Wars Day, in honor of the 1977 release date of Star Wars. I think we got the movie released here in Canada May 27th on that Friday because I remember when a friend of mine and I went to the Surrey Drive in theatre to see it in his car. It worked out great because there was a break in the rainy weather that Friday night we both knew that that history was being made that week.

I was up and out of bead a bit earlier then usual on a Saturday. Usually I don’t get out of bed until noon on the weekends but I was up doing my stuff at 9:30am. Even when I was unemployed in the 1990’s I was always up early, even when I didn’t have Internet. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment