Saturday, February 7, 2015

Part 2 of Thursdays big snow storm

failed to materialize yesterday. We're calling for a -5 as a high today. 

Around midnight I was tired enough to pass out but I needed to do a few things before then. I couldn't sleep around 1am, so I listened to Coast. 1am became 2am and I decided to read for a bit until 3am. Three am became 4am as my alarm was set for 8 this morning. I still couldn't sleep. Four am became 5am and I was still tossing and turning in bed. Five became 6am and I figured even if I had just 2 hours, at least that was something. I managed to doze off around 6:45 this morning but I got very little sleep from there.

For some reason I thought Family day weekend was this weekend. It is in BC but not here in Alberta. Ours is next weekend. I had forgotten that its not the same day for every province, even though the holiday Monday was conceived by our own Premier Don Ghetty back in 1991-ish. Other provinces since then have adapted it. 

I've got a full day today but I'm in at Tim's to get a breakfast and they have their "Roll up" contest. Once the morning part of the shift is gone the rest just becomes a afternoon shift and I have  2 Ten's in there and a half hour break. The day drags on though from 3pm onward. The Oilers are playing in Toronto later this afternoon. I'll probably miss most of it due to my commute etc but I'll get the score on my way home and maybe pick up the 3rd period in progress. The Leafs have been on a losing streak lately but that'll end on the backs of the lowly Oiler's. Anyway, that's all for now. I'll clean this up later..

No comments:

Post a Comment