Saturday, February 28, 2015

I lasted just a little over 2 years

at Malatest. I have nothing but good things to say about my last employer. I would recommend R.A. Malatest to anyone that wants to get into market research work. The supervisors are great and are willing to assist at anytime. In no way did I find favoritism of any sort. I'm going to miss the people I worked with over the last 2 years. Now its time to move on to another chapter in my life. One thing is certain, I don't ever want to do market research again.

I was sad when I heard Leonard Nimoy passed away  yesterday. Almost everybody from my generation knows that Nimoy played Mr. Spock on Star Trek in the 1960's and later in the "In search of" series and in the Trek movies. I was 14 in 1966 when Star Trek first aired and too think, then I was barely aware of the show. I recall watching the odd Star Trek tos episode on our BW tv that autumn of 1966.Star Trek and television in general took a back seat when Beatlemania was in full swing and the landscape of the 1960's unfolded. With the exception of 1968 when television and radio had been my window to the world. Today Star Trek tos (the original series) is a cult phenomena spawning novels, comic books, games, clothing, toys and trinkets etc. I was barely aware of the show in its finale stages of cancellation in 1968, as I had other concerns I was going through at the time. From Star Trek tos came came Star trek the motion picture in 1979. Three other original Trek movies came out in the 1980's before Star Trek (live action) graced the small screen again with Star Trek the next generation in 1988. Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise were all later incarnations of Star Trek TV. In the 1980's the public had a strong appetite for Star Trek. Leonard Nimoy played in all 6 of the original movies. The term trekie didn't appear until years later after tos was cancelled. When Star Trek The motion picture came out in 1979, I actually took time off work (working at the Army and Navy warehouse across the street from the Icon towers) to see the movie being one of the first in line at the Paramount theatre opening day here in Edmonton. Out of all the trek TV shows after tos I liked Voyager the best. Nimoy played Spock in all 6 of the original motion picture movies and cameo's in the reboot movies. I liked Star Trek 2 and 3 out of the original movies. Sad to hear Nimoy's passing. He was 83. Live long and prosper Mr. Nimoy, somewhere.

The big news Friday in the social media world is the dress. The one that has Hollywood and everyone else talking about. Some people think its white and gold others think its blue and black. The dress is actually blue and black.it was causing a stir in Hollywood and all over Twitter trending at #1 for most of the day. 

What with losing my job I took the occasion to buy a 6/49 ticket. I've no expectations of winning anything more then a free ticket or $5 or $10. I think I'd have a heart attack if I actually won the jackpot. The draw Saturday is for $5M.

I've got a big week this week, what with a meeting at a employment agency Monday and meeting Anne at Northgate afterwards, looking for work, back to Northgate Thursday and Lodge later that night. I hope to find a job by the end of the week or something. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment