Sunday, March 1, 2015

I'm taking Dougs advice and I'm having a great

weekend. Monday the employment agency (ea) is going to help me get started and I'm going to tweak my resume and get a job search going. Then check my email to see if I have a pdf of my upcoming pay and roe. After that its to go to Alberta Works to meet Anne and get that going have lunch and do a follow up on a job lead. When I get my roe, I'll be getting that printed off at ei. Ei also needs my last 22 weeks and I'll be doing that later today. 

Did you see this one? A doctor in Turin Italy, Sergio  Canavero has drawn up plans to graft a living persons head onto a donor body and claims that this procedure is only two years away. If this actually works, I imagine the first patient will be the Doctor himself. For the rest of us, the asking fee will be quite high. Putting aside the considerable technical issues involved in removing a living person’s head, grafting it to a dead body, reviving the reconstructed person and retraining their brain to use thousands of unfamiliar spinal cord nerves, the ethics are problematic to say the least. Sorry I don't have a working link but you can Google it.  
   
Even though its cold out there, we're about to warm up. Its supposed to get up to +5 and +6 Thursday and the next 4 days after that. Also, next Sunday will be daylight savings. I might be (for now) out of a job but at least its warming up out there. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment