Friday, March 6, 2015

I'm getting a lot further ahead with ei

then I thought. Apparently my roe was sent to Service Canada last Wednesday. I have enough hours for a claim for how long I don't know yet. Monday I've got to go back to sc and bring my additional roes from previous places of employment. They call it labour force attachment. They want to see how long I've been in the work force without drawing ei. 

Then I got a return call from pcn and I explained my situation and based upon what we earned last year, this year we qualify for medical benefits. My case worker is going to leave the forms at the front desk and I can pick those up at any time next week. We need a few other things like bank statements, medical forms and prices etc.this may be tricky because I've been getting my insulin free from my pharmacist and test strips from Alberta Monitoring. Anne needs to sign the forms with me and hopefully we wont need to resend the paperwork again like we had to last time.

Anne made me a bit of supper and apparently went to pay on most of the rent, balance to follow.

I sent the job lead another email with my resume and this time I got a call back from somebody with accent. From what he told me over the phone it sounded like I got the job and all he was going to do was email me telling me what to bring on Monday as I said that's when I could start. I got the job! Then an hour later he said in a email, that he forwarded my resume to HR and the area manager for further screening. I don't know if I got the job yet.

Even with all of the above, nothing fruitful, so far. As of now, there's no t much I can really do. There's some pressure and stress in our household. Monday I'm at sc and applying at a temp agency and another job lead. That's all I can do for now. Anyway, that's about all for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment